Join our team! This is where we list the positions available at Konk! Send your CV, cover letter and anything else you think relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metal Worker / Welder - Full Time
We are looking for a metal worker. It's essential that you have metal work and welding experience already and understand the need to work to deadlines. The position will involve all aspects of furniture making, so some knowledge of woodworking is a bonus too.
You will be fabricating a wide variety of frames, mainly using mild steel. Everything will be bespoke sizes - sometimes you will work to drawings and sometimes to a rough spec, so it is essential that you are capable of working out angles and sizes by yourself.
You will mainly be using a MIG welder, (we also have TIG) experience with at least the MIG is essential.
Things we think are crucial:
- Love of furniture making.
- Ability to work quickly, and accurately, for extended periods of time.
- This job is physically demanding, the applicant must be in reasonable physical fitness
Starting at £10 p/h, and can be discussed depending on experience
Please send in a CV and cover letter.
Self Employed Delivery Drivers / Couriers
We now have our own van for deliveries and are looking for 2 drivers to form our delivery team. We are expecting to have a few days work a week. (Hopefully building to a steady 3 days a week)
The role would entail:
- Packing furniture and loading van
- Driving the Konk! Van (VW Crafter LWB)
- Delivering and collecting items of furniture in a 2man team
- Giving a high level of customer service
- Assembly of some items
- Keeping customers up to date with ETA
- Liasing with the point of contact in the Konk! Office
Essentials for candidate:
- 25 years old +
- Clean driving license
- Great Customer Service
- Able to lift and manoeuvre large items of furniture (some items are quite heavy!)
- Long distance driving
- Previous courier / delivery experience
- Able to use hand-tools such as impact driver
- Previous experience handling furniture / large items
Please send over a CV and a bit about yourself.